Updated: Sep 12, 2020
1. Oats khichdi: A healthy mix of vegetables, oats and moong dal. First, soak the dal in the water for about 10-15 minutes as it will get cooked faster. Then heat a pan add a little amount of ghee or oil. Then add ginger to it and fry until the smell becomes strong. Then add 1 or 1.5 cup of water and then stir it well. Serve it hot. You can have it either with pickle or with curd or any chutney.
2. Oats and chicken porridge: This recipe makes for the perfect portion of lunch enough to keep unwanted cravings at bay. High on protein, this one is for those looking for both taste and health. The crunch of brown onions, juicy chicken chunks and lots of spices makes it the ideal savoury porridge. Try this Oats Porridge Recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
High on protein, this one is for those looking for both taste and health. Photo Credit: Sanjeev Kapoor.
3. Oats idlis: Low on carbs and healthy, idlis made with oats and grated carrots. Ideal for those who are calorie conscious. Try this Oats Idli Recipe by Ramya Parameswaran.
4. Oat Crusted Chicken Tenders: This super easy snack is always a hit with kids - tender chicken smeared with a bunch of spices and fried crisp. A simple recipe by Rushina Munshaw Ghildiyal.
5. Rosemary mushroom oatmeal: Cook 1 cup oatmeal along with 1/2 cup water, until thick and creamy. Stir in some low-fat milk, salt and pepper. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan or a wok, add the mushrooms, sprinkle some salt and rosemary and stir-fry for a few seconds until soft. As soon as you notice the mushrooms give out some water, turn off the heat. Add these sauteed mushrooms to the oats and cook for a minute or two. Check the salt and pepper and adjust to suit taste.
6. Yogurt and oats kebab: Here is a good depart from the traditional kebabs. This healthy version is made with cottage cheese, yogurt, almonds, raisins and oats. The melt-in-your-mouth texture will have you coming back for seconds! Try this recipe by Seema Chandra.
A good depart from the traditional kebabs.
And many more
Dm us to get personalise diet plan according to your body.